General Sports Rules
- Common Terms of Reference
- Dates & Times
- Stats & Form
- Displayed Information
- Types of Bet
- Bet Acceptance
- Results and Bet Settlements
- Suspicious Betting
- Prize Payment Procedure
- Cash Outs
- Bet Cancellation
- Individual Sports Rules
- Cancellation of Sporting Events
- Related Contingencies
- Venue Change
- Competitors with the Same Name
- Maximum Payouts
Common Terms of Reference
- Regular Time or Full Time
Unless listed either in conjunction with the bet offer, or else in the Sport Specific rules, all bets should be considered valid for the result at the end of the ‘Regular Time’ or ‘Full Time’ only. ‘Regular Time’ or ‘Full time’ is defined as interpreted by the official rules published by the respective governing association. For football, for example, regular or full time is stipulated to be 90 minutes including injury time, but excluding extra time or penalties.
‘Live’ or ‘In-Play’ betting is where it is possible to bet during an ongoing match or event. BetStars does not acknowledge or accept any liability whatsoever if it is not possible to place a bet or cash out a bet, or if the live score update is not correct. At all times it is the player's responsibility to be aware of the match/events and situations surrounding it such as the current score, its progression and how much time remains before the match/event is completed. BetStars does not accept any liability for changes to the live betting schedule or interruption of the live betting service.
Please Note: Players should be aware that our systems enables BetStars to implement a delay to bet placement on a player-by-player basis where we feel that a player has more up-to-date information, or a faster internet connection.
Dates & Times
The deadline (cut-off time) shown on the website is to be treated for information purposes only. BetStars reserves the right, at its own discretion, to suspend, partially or completely, the betting activity at any time where it deems necessary.
Stats & Form
Statistics or editorial text published on the BetStars sports betting site are to be considered as added information, but BetStars does not acknowledge or accept any liability whatsoever if the information is not correct. At all times it is the player’s responsibility to be aware about circumstances relating to an event.
On some events we may display a score for that event, or we may display team lists, or we may pass on other pertinent information such as yellow cards, red cards and so on. In all instances these displays are indicative only and customers should not rely on such information to place a bet. BetStars will accept no responsibility for bets placed on their basis.
Types of Bet
There are many types of bets you can make within BetStars sports betting. See below for a comprehensive list, and visit individual games pages to see what’s on offer.
- Single Bet
A single is a bet on one selection in an event. Your selection must be successful to get a return.
- Multiple Bets
A multiple bet is a bet on two or more individual events.
Consists of one bet involving two selections in different events. Both must be successful to get a return
Consists of one bet involving three selections in different events. All must be successful to get a return
Consists of four bets on three selections in different events. It covers all possible multiple combinations for three selections namely 3 doubles and 1 treble. Two or more selections must be successful to have a return. Please note: a €2/$2 trixie costs €8/$8
Involves seven bets on three selections. It covers all possible single and multiple combinations for three selections namely: 3 singles, 3 doubles and 1 treble. One or more selections must be successful to have a return. Like trixies, a patent multiplies your original wager - so a €1/$1 patent costs €7/$7
Bet involves the number of selections you choose to win from different events. All must be successful to get a return
- Fourfold Accumulator
Like an accumulator (above), a fourfold accumulator involves betting across a number of different events, in this case four. All four selections must be successful to get a return
- Fivefold Accumulator
One bet on five different selections. All five must be successful to get a return
- Sixfold Accumulator
One bet on six different selections. All six selections must be successful to get a return
- Sevenfold Accumulator
One bet on seven different selections. All seven selections must be successful to get a return
- Eightfold Accumulator
One bet on eight different selections. All eight selections must be successful to get a return
- Other Accumulators
One bet on nine or more (up to 20) different selections. All selections must be successful to get a return
Consists of 11 bets on four different selections. It covers all possible multiple combinations for four selections - 6 doubles, 4 trebles and 1 fourfold accumulator. Two or more selections must be successful to get a return, and a €1/$1 yankee bet will cost €11/$11
- Lucky 15
Consists of 15 bets on four different selections, with the addition of additional single bets. It covers all possible single and multiple combinations for four selections, namely: 4 singles, 6 doubles, 4 trebles and 1 fourfold accumulator. One (or more) selections must be successful to get a return. A €1/$1 lucky 15 bet costs €15/$15
- Super Yankee/Canadian
A super yankee is an even bigger version of a yankee bet, and consists of 26 bets on five different selections for different events. It covers all possible multiple combinations for five selections, namely: 10 doubles, 10 trebles, 5 fourfold accumulators and 1 fivefold accumulator. Two (or more) selections must be successful to get a return. A €1/$1 super yankee bet costs €26/$26
- Lucky 31
A lucky 31 consists of 31 bets on five selections for different events. It covers all possible single and multiple combinations for five selections, namely: 5 singles, 10 doubles, 10 trebles, 5 fourfold accumulators and 1 fivefold accumulator. One (or more) selections must be successful to get a return. A €1/$1 Lucky 31 bet costs €31/$31
Originally named after the 57 varieties of Heinz, this bet consists of 57 bets on six selections. It covers all multiple combinations for six selections, namely: 15 doubles, 20 trebles, 15 fourfold accumulators, 6 fivefold accumulators and 1 sixfold accumulator. Two (or more) selections must be successful to get a return. A €1/$1 Heinz bet costs €57/$57
- Lucky 63
Like a Heinz bet (above), a lucky 63 consists of multiple bets across six different selections, coupled with singles. It covers all possible single and multiple combinations for six selections, namely: 6 singles, 15 doubles, 20 trebles, 15 fourfold accumulators, 6 fivefold accumulators and 1 sixfold accumulators. One (or more) selections must be successful to get a return. A €1/$1 Lucky 63 bet costs €63/$63
- Super Heinz
A Super Heinz bet is a multiple bet with seven selections. It covers all possible multiple combinations for seven selections, namely: 21 doubles, 35 trebles, 35 fourfold accumulators, 21 fivefold accumulators, 7 sixfold accumulators, and 1 sevenfold accumulator. Two (or more) selections must be successful to get a return. A €1/$1 super Heinz bet costs €120/$120
- Goliath and Super Goliath
The largest yankee/super Heinz-style bet you can make, a Goliath consists of 247 bets on eight selections. It covers all possible multiple combinations for eight selections, namely : 28 doubles, 56 trebles, 70 fourfold accumulators, 56 fivefold accumulators, 28 sixfold accumulators, 8 sevenfold accumulators, and one eightfold accumulator. Two (or more) selections must be successful to get a return. A €1/$1 Goliath bet costs €247/$247. A Super-Goliath uses 9 selections instead of 8
- Bet Bundles and Enhanced Multiples
A Bet Bundle is a type of bet you can make at BetStars, which generally features an improved price on a number of teams/players/fighters to win their respective events on a given day. The price quoted for Bet Bundles or Enhanced Multiples is generally greater than the combined coupon price for the same selections, however there may be occasions (due to price movements) when this isn’t the case.
Cashout is not available for Bet Bundles or Enhanced Multiples. In the event that one or more legs of a Bet Bundle or Enhanced Multiple is cancelled or postponed, that selection(s) will be treated as a non-runner in accordance with BetStars rules, and bets will be settled on the combined final coupon prices of the remaining selections.
A bet is not valid until it is validated and shows in the player’s bet history. In cases of uncertainty about the validity of a bet, the player is requested to check the open (pending) bets, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless accepted in error, once accepted, a bet will remain valid and cannot be cancelled. It is the responsibility of the player to ensure details of the bets placed are correct. Under no circumstance will BetStars accept any responsibility for any mistakes (perceived and actual), deriving from either errors as listed under ‘Errors’ below, or any other reason, such as but not limited to, incorrect listing of the odds/betting objects.
Results and Bet Settlements
In the case of all sports, bets are settled on the official result published by the official governing body immediately after the match or event has finished. This may be referred to as ‘weigh in’ signal, ‘podium presentation’ or any similar terminology. Any subsequent correction or amendment to this result will not apply for settlement purposes.
BetStars reserves the right to apply a dead heat reduction on any event where more than one winner is specified, with individual sports having individual settlement rules.
‘Suspicious betting’ refers to where we have reasonable grounds to believe that a single or number of bets have been placed in suspicious circumstances. This shall include, but not be limited to:
- Where there is an excessive frequency and/or highly unusual pattern of bets (when compared with betting norms) placed on the same selection(s) in a short space of time
- Where there is an excessive frequency and/or highly unusual pattern of bets placed on the same selection(s) and where the theoretical probability of said selection(s) winning at the time of bet(s) placement, based on the odds offered at the time of bet placement, is largely inconsistent with the theoretical probability of the same selection(s) winning calculated using their starting prices
- Where the integrity of one or more events has been called into question, including, but not limited to where one (or more) of the participants in an event displays exceptional form which we reasonably believe was known to you, or someone connected to you, at the time you placed the bet, and that information was concealed from the public generally in order to gain an unfair advantage in any bets placed on that event(s)
- Where we have reasonable grounds to suspect that a bet or a string of connected bets were not placed by you physically, but robotically or by automated means, or otherwise than through the account holder placing each bet manually via their account;
- Where we reasonably believe you have used unfair external factors or influences connected with the event(s) the subject of any bet(s)
- Where we reasonably suspect that you have opened duplicate accounts, or that second or subsequent accounts are under common control with your account, with a view to concealing the true worth, nature or pattern of bets placed by you or on your behalf. This is applicable even if second or subsequent accounts are opened under different names
- Where we reasonably believe that you are acting in connection with others, or that you are acting other than on your own behalf
- Where we reasonably believe that bets have been placed from a location or device other than the location or device which you claim to have used to place a bet
In the case of any of the activities listed above, and without restricting our ability to rely on other remedies available, the following actions may be taken, depending on the circumstances:
- Request further information from you as may reasonably be required to investigate whether your actions constitute suspicious betting
- Suspend or withhold payment of any amounts (or any parts thereof) pending the receipt by us of satisfactory evidence from you that determines that a bet does not constitute a suspicious bet. For example - where we suspect that a bet(s) may have been placed robotically or by automated means, we may require you to provide reasonable evidence that each bet was placed manually by you via your BetStars account. You further acknowledge and accept that we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to collect and process any information in connection with your betting patterns, personal data, depositing of funds and any other related information and inquiries that will help us to investigate any suspected breach of these Terms
- Suspend or withhold payment of any amounts (or any parts thereof), usually for no longer than 30 days, but where relevant for such longer period of time as may reasonably be required (for example - pending any investigations by BetStars, any sport’s governing body, a gambling regulator, a law enforcement authority or any other third party)
- Void a bet(s), including multiples, prior to the event. Where possible, we shall communicate to you in advance that the bet(s) has (or have) been voided prior to the (first) event related to the bet(s);
- Calculate any winnings based on the starting price of the event(s) the subject of the bet(s). We shall communicate to you in advance that any bet(s) will be settled at the starting price, where possible
- Where there is an inordinate frequency and/or unusual pattern of Bets placed on the same selection(s) in a short space of time (and where we have reasonable grounds to suspect that the bets are connected bets) limit the payment of winnings. Where necessary such limitation will be applied across multiple accounts to the maximum payout for individual bets on any particular market or markets
- Where we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have participated in, or have been connected with, any type of suspicious betting, we shall use all reasonable avenues to investigate, including the use of various collusion, suspicious betting, fraud and cheating detection practices which are used in the gambling industry
- We reserve the right to terminate an account if we reasonably suspect any of the activities described in connection with that account
- Where a bet is deemed to be void (or is declared as void) by us prior to an event, any sum deducted from your account with respect to that bet shall be credited to your account
- We will not be liable under any circumstances whatsoever for any loss you or any other person may incur as a result of the behavior described in this section. We also reserve the right to take any other actions in the case of suspicious bets, but are not obliged to do so
As always, in exercising any of our rights we shall do so in a manner which is fair to you and to other BetStars users. For more details, see Clause 5 of the BetStars Terms of Service.
BetStars is a member of the European Sports Security Association (‘ESSA’), a non-profit making organisation that monitors irregular betting patterns and possible instances of event manipulation. As part of that membership, BetStars is a full participant in its early warning system which is geared towards identifying any such betting behaviour.
In the event of a warning being received by BetStars, BetStars withholds the right, in its absolute discretion, to:
(i) suspend the offering of any event or series of events in any of its markets; and
(ii) delay and/or withhold payment on any event or series of events in any of its markets, until the integrity of such event or series of events has been confirmed by the relevant sports federation via ESSA.
Furthermore, in the case of active event manipulation being confirmed as having taken place on any event or series of events by ESSA, acting in conjunction with the appropriate sports governing bodies, BetStars withholds the right, in its absolute discretion, to suspend any bets placed on such events, either by any individual identified by ESSA as having possessed insider betting knowledge or information or by any other individual who in the reasonable opinion of BetStars is connected to, acting in conjunction with or in any way involved with such individual.
Prize Payment Procedure
Once the result of an event or a market has been determined then all bets are settled immediately. Any prizes (winnings) due to customers are automatically credited to their BetStars account from where they can choose to withdraw them or place more bets.
The cash out option allows you to take a return on your bet before the market for your chosen selection(s) closes. This can be either for a profit on your original stake or for a loss.
Subject to our acceptance you can cash out your bet for the return amount offered on the cash out button on your bet slip. If your cash out request is successful your bet will be settled immediately and funds returned to your account equal to the amount shown on the cash out option on your bet slip. This bet is settled and any subsequent results either in your favour or against will have no impact on the amount returned.
Cash out is available both pre-event and In-Play on single and multiple bets on any sport where the cash out option is provided. Your request to cash out is not guaranteed to be accepted and may be unsuccessful if, for example, the market suspends or the odds move before your request has been processed. BetStars reserves the right to suspend or disable the cash out feature at any time and its availability to you cannot always be guaranteed. BetStars reserves the right to reverse the settlement of a cash out if the bet or a market is settled in error (for example, a human or technical error).
Any bet that is successfully cashed out will not qualify for any money-back, free bet, enhanced odds or any other special offers.
In the event of a retirement or abandonment in-play, we reserve the right to void the cashed out element of any cash out bet if we believe it has been used to benefit from subsequent individual sports settlement rules.
Where a bet is declared void it will be settled with the odds of 1.00. A bet made as an accumulative bet shall remain valid notwithstanding a match or an event which is part of the accumulative bet being void.
BetStars reserves the right, at its own discretion, to declare a bet void, totally or partly, in the obvious case of errors, or rigging. Bets can be voided regardless of whether the event has been settled or not. Furthermore, all bets placed (and/or accepted) in the following circumstances will be declared void:
- Pre-match betting
- Betting effected after the event has started
- Betting effected after a related event was underway and where conditions could have been altered in a direct and indisputable way
- Live or In-Play Betting
- Betting effected at incorrect price due to delayed or failing ‘Live’ coverage;
- Betting effected on particular offers after these have occurred, or else after an event which could normally be deemed as leading to the outcome has happened or is happening (e.g. bets placed on offers such as Total Goals Scored or Next Goal while a penalty is being taken, or has been awarded)
- Betting placed at on odds which represented a different score than the actual score at the time the bet was placed
Individual Sports Rules
Cancellation of Sporting Events
Multiple bets are not accepted where the outcome of one event contributes wholly or partially to the outcome of the other. Bets accepted in error will be settled at a special price (determined by BetStars) for all of the outcomes to be successful.
For example: $50 double on Manchester United to beat Chelsea 1-0 in the FA Cup semi- final at 8.5 with Manchester United to qualify for the final will be settled as a $50 at 8.5 (If they have won 1-0 they have qualified for the final).
Similarly if multiple bets are placed on one team to win multiple events at individual prices (e.g. Manchester United to win The Premiership and The FA Cup) we reserve the right to void such bets or to place them at a special price for the multiple.
‘Error’ is a mistake, misprint, misinterpretation, mishearing, misreading, mistranslation, spelling mistake, technical hazard, registration error, transaction error, manifest error, force majeure and/or similar.
Examples of errors include, but are not limited to:
- bets accepted during technical problems that would otherwise not have been accepted
- bets placed on events/offers that have already been decided
- bets on markets containing incorrect participants
- bets placed at odds that are materially different from those available in the general market at the time the bet was placed
- bets offered at odds which reflect an incorrect score situation
- odds being clearly incorrect given the chance of the event occurring at the time the bet was placed.
- incorrect settlement of a bet or bets
- incorrect allocation of Free Bets
BetStars reserves the right to void any bet where a blatant error is made. Instances of blatant error include but are not limited to an error in publishing a price or a handicap (e.g. Manchester United -1 is published as Manchester United +1). In case of such errors we will endeavour to contact the customer prior to the start of the event. However, in the situation where it has not been possible to contact the customer, bets will be void. In the event that an error is discovered after a bet has been settled, BetStars reserves the right to void the bet(s) retrospectively.
In the case of incorrect settlements BetStars reserves the right to correct any error made and re-settle the bet correctly. Any funds and/or winnings which are credited to your account, or paid to you as a result of an error, are not to be deemed available for use or withdrawal and we reserve the right to void any transactions where such funds were used. Such funds shall be immediately repaid to us when a demand for payment is made by us to you. Whenever possible if you have monies in your account we may reclaim these monies from your account and/or reverse the transaction, either at the time or retrospectively.
Where you have used monies or anything with monetary value (e.g. Free Bets) which have been credited to your account or awarded to you, as a result of an error, to place subsequent bets or play games, we reserve the right to cancel such bets and/or withhold any winnings which you may have won with such monies. And if we have paid out on any such bets or gaming activities, such funds are not to be deemed available for use or withdrawal, and such funds shall be immediately repaid to us when a demand for payment is made by us to you.
Where there is evidence of price, race, match or event rigging, we reserve the right to withhold payment, pending the outcome of any subsequent investigation and ultimately to declare bets on that event as void.
Where evidence of rigging exists, or where there is evidence of a series of bets containing the same selections(s) having been placed by or for the same individual or by a syndicate of individuals, we reserve the right to require claims for payment to be submitted in writing to BetStars Support.
In the event of an official enquiry in relation to suspicious betting activity surrounding an event we reserve the right to disclose confidential information to the sport’s governing body or their representatives, on the conditions that they consent to keeping such information confidential
Unless otherwise stated in the betting offer or in the individual rules governing each sport - the principle of ‘all bets stand’ (‘all in run or not’) will apply to all bets placed on Outright/Event Winner offers. Therefore if a bet is placed on any selection that fails to participate for any reason, the bet will be lost if the betting event takes place.
Only in exceptional cases will bets be declared void such as:
• The event /tournament is cancelled or declared void.
• The venue is changed.
• The event/tournament is interrupted/postponed and started/restarted more than 72 hours after original start date.
Where a bet has been placed on an event and that event is subject to a venue change, all bets will stand so long as the venue has not been changed to the opponent’s ground (or in the case of International matches so long as the venue remains in the same country). However, BetStars reserves the right to void any bet where we feel that the change of venue has had a substantial impact on the betting for that match.
Competitors with the Same Name
Where two or more competitors have the same surname and those competitors have not been identified by a first name, team (where applicable) or qualifying price, then the competitor with the lowest advertised price will be deemed the selection.
It is the customer’s duty to stay within the limits mentioned hereafter. The limits apply to both single and multiple type bets. Where a multiple bet has been placed which involves events with different maximum payouts then the lowest limit will be applicable.
All bets are subject to a maximum payout to any one customer (or as set out below, any group of related customers) in any one day irrespective of stakes, odds or number of winning lines as listed below. Other than as set out below a bet is accepted on the basis that it is the investment of one customer.
All maximum payout limits apply to one customer, or groups of customer acting together, who have placed bets containing the same selections, including where placed in a series of bets, at a range of prices, over a number of days by using different accounts or different channels. Should we believe that a number of bets have been placed this way, the total payment of all those bets combined will be limited to one single maximum payout.
We reserve the right, in our discretion, to apply the following limits. All limits are quoted in €/$/£. If you bet in another currency the maximum payout will be determined using the prevailing mid-market rate, as provided by XE at the time of settlement.
|Football (Soccer)||All Men's Full Internationals, Champions League (post qualification), Europa League (post qualification), World Cup, European Championship, English Premier League, English Championship, League 1 & League 2, Scottish Premier League, German Bundesliga, French Ligue 1, Serie A and Spanish La Liga||$1,000,000|
|Football Soccer||All other competitions not listed above||$200,000|
|Golf||Any official US PGA or European Tour Event, Event Winner markets||$500,000|
|Golf||Any other golf tournaments not listed above, and all markets other than Event Winner||$100,000|
|American Football||NFL Regular season, playoff matches money line, spreads and totals and Superbowl Outright markets||$250,000|
|American Football||All other competitions not listed above, and all other markets not specified above||$50,000|
|Basketball||All NBA Money line, Spreads, Totals and NBA Championship Outright markets||$250,000|
|Basketball||All other competitions not listed above, and all other markets not specified above||$50,000|
|Baseball||All MLB money line, run line, totals and World Series Outright||$250,000|
|Baseball||All other competitions not listed above, and all other markets not specified above||$50,000|
|Horse Racing - UK & Irish Racing||All Graded, Group and Listed races||$500,000|
|Horse Racing - Ireland||Premier Handicap and Novice Races||$200,000|
|Horse Racing - UK||Races graded Class 1 & 2||$500,000|
|Horse Racing - UK & Ireland||All other races||$200,000|
|Horse Racing - Outside UK & Ireland||All races||$200,000|
|Horse Racing - Ante Post Bets||All races||$100,000|
|Greyhounds||All racing covered in full by SIS, to include betting, official off-times and results||$100,000|
|Greyhounds - Ante Post Bets||All races||$50,000|
|Greyhounds - Broadcast on TV||All races broadcast live on Sky Sports or Terrestrial TV (but not on dedicated greyhound TV channels)||$50,000|
|Greyhounds - Others||Any greyhound bets accepted on any other race advertised with BetStars sports betting||$10,000 Any bets accepted on any greyhound race not explicitly advertised for betting with the BetStars will be void - win or lose.|
|Other Sports||Any bet which includes a sports selection (other than stated above) - including Ante Post sports events||$50,000|
|Non-sporting Events||Any bet which includes a selection on a non-sporting event (e.g. X-Factor, Eurovision Song Contest etc.)||$25,000|
|Tennis||ATP Tour Outright Winner & Match Winner||$250,000|
|Tennis||WTA Tour Outright Winner & Match Winner||$250,000|
|Tennis||All other tennis markets & tournaments not listed above including, but not limited to, ITF, ATP/WTA Challenger and ATP Qualifiers||$25,000|
|Ice Hockey||All NHL money line, puck line, totals and Stanley Cup Outright||$250,000|
|Ice Hockey||All other competitions not listed above, and all other markets not specified above||$50,000|
If you have any questions about BetStars sports betting, contact email@example.com.